The NYC Anti-Aging Clinic provides 2 types of Botox services. Cosmetic Botox and Therapeutic Botox. Please read about each type of Botox below. When you are ready to speak to one of our doctors/specialists, please call us at (212) 245-0070.
Aging skin and wrinkles result from a combination of many factors. It’s not just about cellular changes, collagen depletion, hormone loss, or damage caused by free radicals. The 11s – those vertical lines that appear between your brows – result from muscle contractions. When you concentrate, squint, or frown, the muscles between your brows contract, causing your skin to furrow and fold. After years of frequent contraction, those wrinkles can linger even after the muscles are at rest. BOTOX works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes the persistent lines to form between the brows.
You may feel that the moderate to severe glabellar lines “Frown lines” between your brows make you look tired or unapproachable, or you experience “Crow’s-feet” – the lines that fan out from the corners of the eyes or “Forehead furrows” – the horizontal lines that form when you raise your eyebrows or you may have other reasons for being curious about BOTOX. Ask us about BOTOX to find out if it is right for you. Getting Botox takes only a few minutes and doesn’t require anesthesia.
With real, noticeable results, no surgery and no recovery time, there are many reasons why BOTOX Cosmetic has been chosen by millions of women and their doctors. Approximately 11.8 million1 BOTOX Cosmetic procedures have been administered in the United States since 2002. BOTOX is the first botulinum toxin to be approved by the FDA.
92% of 303 patients surveyed were satisfied with the results of their BOTOX Cosmetic experience.
BOTOX Cosmetic for Men
BOTOX is certainly not just for women. If you are a man and think it’s time to do something about those Frown lines between your brows, talk to us about whether BOTOX is right for you.
BOTOX is the most popular minimally invasive physician administered aesthetic procedure for males.
See Before And After Results Below
In addition to Cosmetic procedures, which greatly improve your appearance, BOTOX Therapeutic injections are also used to treat conditions that affect how your body functions. Examples include:
- Cervical dystonia. In this painful condition, your neck muscles contract involuntarily, causing your head to twist or turn into an uncomfortable position.
- Lazy eye. The most common cause of lazy eye is an imbalance in the muscles responsible for positioning the eye (strabismus). Abnormal spasm of the eyelids (blephoraspasm).
- Muscle contractures. Some neurological conditions can cause your limbs to pull in toward your center. BOTOX Therapeutics is used to prevent muscle stiffness in elbows, wrist and finger muscles.
- Hyperhidrosis. In this condition, excessive sweating occurs even when the temperature isn’t hot and you’re not exercising.
- Chronic migraine. If you experience migraines more than 15 days a month, BOTOX Therapeutics injections used to prevent headache frequency.
- Bladder dysfunction. BOTOX injections can help reduce urinary incontinence caused by an overactive bladder. Such as strong need to urinate right away, wetting accidents, urinating often and other conditions.
Once our doctor have decided that BOTOX is an option for you, your treatment will consist of a number of injections into the muscles selected by doctor. BOTOX injections are given right in our office. The amount and the locations of the BOTOX injections will depend on your condition and individual needs. Once you receive BOTOX treatment you’ll start to experience the benefits soon, usually within few days.
Most of the BOTOX Therapeutic procedures are covered by your Medical Insurance. When you are ready to speak to one of our doctors/specialists, please call us at (212) 245-0070.